IISc OPEN DAY 2020
The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, as in the previous years, is organizing an “OPEN DAY” event to show-case its activities to the student community and the general public on SATURDAY, 29th February 2020 from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
On this day, students, science and technology enthusiasts, and the public, will have an opportunity to visit the Institute and go around the campus to explore the exciting science and technology initiatives and activities of the Institute. The Open Day will feature popular lectures, experimental demos, poster presentations, quiz contests, scientific competitions, and exhibitions that will be showcased in the various departments and centres. A “Kids-Zone” will offer a special attraction for all the younger students, with a number of science and technology demos will be on display.
Entry to the Open day is free.
In the Open Day, only departments of IISc are allowed to showcase their research activities. No outsiders are allowed to showcase anything on the Open Day. Such requests will not be accessed.
Important Information and Guidelines
We have received overwhelming response from institutions and individuals to visit the IISc Campus for the Open Day. In order to minimize inconvenience to the visitors and for streamlining the logistics, we provide below important information and guidelines.
- All the school buses/vans will have to be parked in one of the following two locations: (1) in front of the open ground opposite to Lakshmi Ammanni college; OR (2) inside the Gymkhana ground. In the first case, the passengers in the buses/vans will have alight opposite the Circle Maramma Junction and walk into the IISc Campus through the subway past SID. In the second case, the passengers in the buses/vans will have alight at the IISc Main Gate (at the Prof. CNR Rao Circle).
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to use public transport as far as possible.
- Inside the IISc campus, the visitors may use e-Rikshaws to commute from one end to another. 15 e-Rikshaws (Trans-Vahan) have been pressed into service. The service is available free of cost.
- Since construction work is ongoing inside the campus at several places, the visitors are requested to walk with care. Parents and guardians are requested to keep a constant watch on their younger ones.
- Help Desks are available at all vantage spots where you are encouraged to ask for any help.
- Please bring your own water bottles. Water will be available in plenty for refilling your water bottles.
- During your sojourn in the IISc campus, please help us keep the IISc campus clean and green.
Please remember the following phone numbers:
Helpline: 080 22932225/22932400
General Contact: 080 22932770/ 22932228
IISc Health Centre: 080 22932227/ 22932234/22932390/91649-58467
Ambulance Van: 9008096930/9731170742
Warm welcome to all!